Pool Leak Detection Sanibel
If you suspect you may have a pool leak, contact Gully Pool Service and Supply for pool leak detection in Sanibel. If you notice the water level dropping in your pool, there is a possibility that your pool may have a leak. Don’t let your money go down the drain with the dripping leak from your pool and let us help. Gully Pool Service and Supply proudly provides pool leak detection in Sanibel and surrounding areas! There are many different types of leaks which can occur with your swimming pool. Identifying where the leak is at an early stage can save money, reduce further damage and protect other property value.
With the heat and humidity here in Southwest Florida, it is normal to have a little decrease in the water level of your pool due to evaporation. These environmental factors could cause your pool’s water level to go down by almost 1/4 of an inch per day or approximately 2 inches per week.
Signs of a leak
- Pool is losing more water than what is normal for evaporation
- You are seeing cracks
- Your pool deck is becoming uneven (lifting or sinking in areas)
- You are noticing wet areas around your pool
- You are adding more water into your pool more frequently
Is the water level in your pool decreasing?
Water loss is the number one sign that you may have a pool leak. If you begin to notice your pools water level going down, it is important to determine if it is due to evaporation or a leak. Water loss due to evaporation can occur from different factors such as wind, air, water temperature, humidity, and more. Water levels that decreased more than the average evaporation loss point to a leak. You can use “The Bucket Test” below to help determine if it is evaporation loss or a leak.
How to measure pool water level to determine if evaporation loss or leak- “The Bucket Test”
- Fill a bucket and place it on the first step of your pool
- Mark the water level of the water inside your bucket near the top part of the inner bucket
- Mark the pool water level on the outside of the bucket
- After 24 hours measure the evaporation loss inside the bucket and the pool water loss on the outside of the bucket
- If the measurements are the same then there are no leaks
- If the pool lost more, over 1/4 inch difference, than you probably have a leak
To learn more about leak detection click here
New Customer Service Plans
No Contracts • Short Term • Seasonal Residents
Winter Service while you are here / Summer Service while you are gone
1 – Chemical Check Only – Every Other Week
• Maintenance not included
2 – Chemical Check Only _ Every other Week
• PLUS: 1 filter cleaning per month
3 – Weekly Service
• PLUS: 1 filter cleaning & 1 vacuum cleaning per month
4 – Weekly Service
• PLUS: Vacuum cleaning each time & filter cleaning when needed
Request a Free Quote Now!
Our Pool Service Areas Include:
Fort Myers – Cape Coral – Sanibel – Fort Myers Beach – North Fort Myers
and Surrounding Area